If you want to recover your Hotmail account password, visit the official site of outlook to reset the @hotmail.com password. Being the most popular service of Microsoft, Hotmail allows the user to receive and send emails without much confusion.
It is not only easy to create an account on the Hotmail service but also using the same is super easy and comfortable. And if any case, if you have lost your password and looking for a complete guide to recover the password, then you are on the right page.
This article will tell you how to recover the lost password or to reset the new password. Give a quick read.
How To Recover The Lost Password On Hotmail?
Check out the below-mentioned step by step process for the Hotmail password recovery and then implement the instructions carefully.
- First of all, open the home page of the Outlook.com. This is because the service has changed its name.
- Then, click on the link – Can’t access your account ?, that is located below the email and passwords sections.
- Then, pick the option – I forgot my password
- Click – Next
- Enter the address of your email in the section – Microsoft account
- Then, fill the section – Captcha and then select the option – Next
- Now, you have to select the verification method for the password recovery or resetting
- The first option is Text. In case your mobile number is associated with the account, then you will get a unique code to your mobile to verify the identity.
- Next is Email. If you have a recovery email address linked to your account, then you will receive a verification code to verify the account.
- Another method is the App. If you have the Microsoft Account App, then you can use the same to generate a unique code to verify your account.
- Also, don’t worry if you don’t have any of the above mentioned methods to verify the account. There is another option for you and that is – I don’t use these anymore. Here in this case, you will be give set of questions that will prove your identity.
- If you pick the option – I don’t use these anymore, then you have to fill answers to few questions. For this, you will need an alternate email address and if don’t have one, create a new one.
- Make sure that you answer all the questions correctly.
- After selecting the verification method, you will get a code.
- Then, enter the verification code on the page.
- With this, you will be taken password reset page
- Here, create a new password and then confirm the same
- Now, you can log in with your new password.
- That’s it
- You have successfully recovered or set a new password on the Hotmail service
Setting a new password or recovering the lost password is an easy task. So, worry not. Just remember that one can recover the inactive account of Hotmail for up to one year that is 365 days. And the account will be deleted if you haven’t logged in over a year.
Also, the platform allows you to retrieve the account and reactive it within 30 days of the deactivation. Note that it will be permanently deleted afterward.
As mentioned above, the Hotmail service is one of the most popular services and always amazes the users with the stunning features of highlights, chat, organizing subfolders, high-level security, and filtering system.